Thursday, July 27, 2006

More of My Credit Card Offers

A lot of catching up to do. First, I should mention that I got a follow up invitation to the Platinum Card from American Express I spoke of yesterday. The offer's no different, but I appreciate the new attempt at making it feel "exclusive":

"Membership is available to our best Card members only, and is limited to a fraction of all American Express Card members."

Of course they don't say what that fraction is. 10%? 24%, 89.9%? Hard to say.

All right, I don't want to pick on the fine folks at American Express so let's see what else is in the accumulating pile from the last month or so...

The WorldPoints Credit Card from MBNA. Here's a good opening line in their letter: "You don't need another credit card...you need a better one"

Good line, let's see if they can seal the deal.

0% interest rate on on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers until next September. That's pretty good. Credit line as high as $100,000. And of course 1 point for every dollar in purchases, which will allow me to get the expected rewards: travel, gift certificates, cash back. Interest rate on this is 7.9% for "Premier" and 13.99% for "Select" or 19.99% for "Classic". That's a big spread. I wonder how difficult it is to get that 7.9%.

Not a bad deal, but nothing that particularly excites me there. It's all about the rewards for me, so unless I'm getting something out of the ordinary, it's really not a better credit card as far as I'm concerned.

I also received a mailing today for a 6.99% home equity loan. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's good to know I can get my hands on all this cash if something bad happens or if I get a good tip on the ponies.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you willing to sell 7000 Worldpoints? I am desperately looking for someone who will because MBNA won't let me buy the difference on these tickets I want to redeem for.

Please email johnsave@hotmail.com if you will sell them for $70.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home