Monday, June 12, 2006

Today's Credit Card Offer

I've been bad about chronicling my credit card offers, but, rest assured, they're still coming.

Today I got a special invite from the First Equity Platinum Business Card, and I'm a little confused by it because it seems to be telling me that I could get an APR for purchases that is 0%. That's not an introductory offer--that's the ongoing rate. It's a variable-rate card, so I also could get a rate of 23.99% or somewhere in between, but I've never seen a credit card that offers the potential for a 0% interest rate on an ongoing basis.

I'm suspicious.

It's issued by Columbus Bank & Trust, who I've heard of but I'm not sure if I've heard of positively or negatively.

I'm passing. I don't really need a credit card, and I tend to live by the adage that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a little bit of common sense security. If anyone chooses to totally ignore the "credit card applications and offers", make sure you shred these offers so your identity can't be stolen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home