Monday, May 22, 2006

Today's Mail 5/22/06

Some credit card offers and other sundries in the mail today.

First off, Advanta wants me to get their Advanta Platinum BusinessCard with a 7.99% APR and 0% APR for 15 months, plus 5% off gas, office supplies, cell phone, computer equipment and Internet services and 1% cash back everywhere else. No annual fee.

This is a pretty awesome card; I don't know how difficult it is to get approved, but that's a pretty good package of stuff. The mail offer I got isn't any better than they're already offering online, but, still, that's quite a bit of stuff. I might do this, even though my business technically no longer exists. I'll bet I could get approved.

American Express sent a promo flyer for their My Wishlist thing going on from June 6th to June 16th. Basically My Wishlist offers certain items at big discounts, like a Saab convertible for $5000. As you might imagine quantities are very limited.

I let myself get sucked into this promo last time they did it, and wasted a lot of time trying to get something for nothing. This time they seem to have made more items available at more moderate discounts, so I'll at least take a look, but I don't know if I'll try to get anything. Maybe the walk-on role on that show Entourage--it could be my big break. Probably no one else will be going after that, right?

Chase also sent me something about improvements to their Flexible Rewards program. Seems they've lowered redemption levels for Continental and British Airways flights and added United Mileage Plus, too. That's decent, but I don't really use that card much--not sure that this will change that fact.

I also got a piece of mail from my online broker, reminding me that I purchased quite a few stocks the day before the market went into the toilet. Thanks, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home