Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Discover Card: Not Your Drunk College Kid's Credit Card Anymore

Look here and you will see that Discover Card offers 0% on purchases and balance transfers for a year, as well as a decent cash back situation.

What I got in the mail today suggests however that Discover will only give me a 0% rate on purchases until January of '07, or roughly six months. On the other hand, they'll give me a 0% on BTs until August of 2007, roughly 14 months. They'll also throw in $20 after my first purchase, which I don't believe I can snag online. In addition, I'll get their best rate, which I richly deserve.

I'm not going to do it, partly because if I was going to, I think I'd go for the Discover Gas Card instead.

I haven't actually had a Discover Card since college, when that was the only card I could get, and strangely enough I think their willingness to take me when I was in college has actually biased me against them as I've moved up the economic ladder. It's as though because they were my lifeline when I was an immature student who couldn't pay the balance but wanted to go on Spring Break, I've seen other cards as more "adult" and I've not gone with Discover in a long time.

I'm going to take another look at Discover, although today's card offer is not what I'm looking for. I don't carry balances to transfer, but I do use zero percent introductory offers every so often, but only if they are for a full year. Keep 'em coming, Discover, I'm going to consider you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home