Monday, April 24, 2006

Latest Mail

I got an invite to enroll in the Citi IdentityMonitor program, which costs $9.95 per month, or less than 35 cents a day, as they helpfully note. I believe I could also feed a starving child in some far-off place for 35 cents a day, or buy myself some new pants for less than 35 cents a day, but I digress.

Here's what I get for my money: a credit report, daily "monitoring" of my credit file for suspicious activity, alerts whenever there is a change to my file.

Interestingly, I can also upgrade to a combined 3-in-1 credit report with scores and notification from all three credit bureaus at no extra charge. This of course begs the question: if the upgrade is better and is free, why not just offer it as the basic service?

I can get a free 30-day trial as well as some sort of $25 rebate, too. This offer is going the way of all warranties and protections I am offered -- in the circular file. I like to live dangerously.

In other news, Chase sent me some more checks to pay off other bills at super duper low interest rates. They are pretty relentless with these checks.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.truecredit.com seems to have the best deal going on credit reports. I can pull all three of mine once every 24 hours and get a score which lines up pretty closely to the FICO score for $25 for the first month and $15 each month after that. I get all the monitoring and alerts and so forth, their credit report format is easy to read and I haven't had any problems with it.

And no, I'm not affiliated with them, just a user.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home