Friday, March 31, 2006

No Ticket Airport Parking with Credit Card Payment

It's been a while since I've had to travel regularly, and most of the time I take cabs and leave the car at home. But, I remember when I used to travel often & the paranoia I'd have about losing my ticket for the airport parking lot and being stuck paying one million dollars for a two-day stay.

I see that at least one airport has changed this scenario -- in the Washington Post's Sunday edition (already online on Friday for some reason), the paper reports that Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall (there's a mouthful) airport has a Credit Card In/Credit Card Out system working -- you swipe your credit card on the way in, swipe the same one on the out, and you're golden.

Sure, you could lose your credit card during your trip, but that's a lot less likely than losing that flimsy airport parking ticket.

As the WaPo says in the article: it's the little things that count.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger TC Fenstermaker said...

Now if only BWI (much less of a mouthful) would wire in the EZ Pass that half of all Marylanders have on their windshields, so that you don't need to swipe *anything*. EZ Pass does allow this kind of thing, if you, as an EZ Pass holder, opt-in; and if, of course, places like airports enable it.

Now that would reall rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home